Friday, October 3, 2014

The Big 3-9!

Today is my birthday! It's strange to think that there is any birthday or holiday happening this year other than Raspberry's impending birth. But here I am, and another year has passed. It's been a joyful year and I'm feeling happy about my life.

My birthday post last year talked about how I felt that 38 would be a metamorphosis year. It was incredibly prescient considering that Phin and I had not, at that point, really talked about or decided that we wanted to be parents now. Isn't it funny how life can change in a year?

But this past year has been about more than just the road to parenthood. It's also been about friends and family, travel and fun, with a healthy dose of chocolate and other pastries. Here are some of my favorite memories...

Travel with Phin...

Paris and Amsterdam (amazing croissants)
 Watching the little ones grow...

Yes, I did sew that dashiki top on the right...

L: "Contemplative zombie" Halloween with Linus, Ctr: "T-Rex wishes Uncle Phin happy bday", R: frogging with Orpheus.



 New Friends, Old Friends, Sewing Friends  - I could have filled an entire post with this...

What a fun year!


And Raspberry...



It really is the people in our lives that make it sweet.

I'm celebrating today at home. We are moving furniture back into freshly painted rooms, I've already baked some brownies and finished a small DIY home improvement project, and we're about to head out for a late birthday lunch. A happy day. 

Hope you all have a great weekend!

14 comments:

Clio said...

Happy, happy birthday! Friday birthdays are the best.

Clio said...

Happy birthday my lovely. Have a great day!

Clio said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hooray for you!

Clio said...

Looks like it's been an awesome year! Happy birthday, and best wishes for the next!

Clio said...

Sounds like a great your to celebrate and an amazing new one to toast on. Happy birthday!

Clio said...

A belated Happy Birthday! May the coming year be just as amazing!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday! May all your dreams come true this year, at least for a while!

Clio said...

Happy belated birthday! It sounds like you've had a marvelous year, and here's to the next one being even better. :)

Clio said...

Thanks everyone! I plan on celebrating all weekend long.

Clio said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEAUTIFUL! It's gonna be an amazing year for you, I can feel it.

Clio said...

I wish you "Happy birthday!" and many, many more.

Clio said...

Hope your birthday was as fabulous as you are!!! Wishing you all the best for the year ahead (and Raspberry!) ... and looking forward to hearing about all the adventures!

Clio said...

Bit late, but happy birthday! looks like you had a great year and the next one is sure to be even more exciting.

Clio said...

Happy belated, lovely!!!!!