Thursday, October 3, 2013

B is for Birthday! (and Buttercream)

Oooh, peeps, it's my birthday today (and all month long, thank you very much). And I'm excited. Why? I have no idea. But isn't birthday reason enough for excitement and happiness? I think so. 

Oh, and this was my lunch...


I love Cupcake Cafe

Seriously, one of the unheralded perks of adulthood is the autonomy to decide every so often that it's fine to skip a meal and head straight for dessert. Yay 38!

I know what you're thinking: I don't act my age (exhibit A, exhibit B, exhibit C, exhibit D). It's true. I prefer to act like me, rather than acting like a number.

I doubt that any of these minis will be left by 5pm

But this year my thoughts are all about change. I can't shake the feeling that this is a metamorphosis year.

Change can come quickly. Both Phin and I are on the cusp of potentially large changes in our respective work lives. It's invigorating, but will mean that we have a lot of decisions to make moving forward. I can't wait. Change excites me.

I don't really know what's to come. But I think it's prompting some kind of internal changes, too. It's hard to put my finger on. Perhaps it's that when the scenery changes, it's easier to see yourself clearly and figure out what is important. Possibility is a great motivator. I hope to carry this feeling with me through the year.

OK, enough sugar-fueled introspection.  Phin is about to arrive and take me out on a birthday date. But stay tuned for a give away, a few yet-to-be blogged projects and more bday celebration fun.

28 comments:

Clio said...

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!

Clio said...

I don't know about acting your age (whatever that means), but you certainly don't look it. I might have to hate you.

Happy Birthday to you with my favourite birthday song.

http://youtu.be/ACUjMNDSrgY

Clio said...

Happy birthday. Those cakes are far too pretty to eat. May 38 be a good year for you. http://myfabrication.blogspot.com

Clio said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! This is a great time of year for beautiful changes- yay!- good luck and keep us posted! and yesterday I got to work a wardrobe call for Sesame St. Live. I found myself gazing lovingly at Grover and Cookie -and definitely not acting my age. So count to 38 like the Count (or count down your cupcakes! mwhahah!)

Clio said...

Happy Birthday, wow your lunch looked good, hope Phin's date plans can match up to those!!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday to you! And my, those cupcakes look mighty fine. I hope you both have a wonderful evening out together :)

Clio said...

Happiest birthday! I hope your year of transition is an excellent adventure.

Clio said...

Happy, happy birthday Clio!

Clio said...

One! One delicious cupcake! Two! Two delicious cupcakes! Three.... mwhahahahaha! What an awesome day working for Sesame st!!

Clio said...

Oh, see I disagree. Two or more were devoured in short order. ;-)

Clio said...

Fingers crossed! Life is weird.

Clio said...

Dinner at my favorite tapas joint. Perfect!

Clio said...

LOL - Yep, I totally didn't die this year! It's a modest accomplishment.



Honestly I have this growing feeling that the fact that my "kids" are of the knit variety may have something to do with how I look. Well, that and I use sunscreen every day.

Clio said...

Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes look too pretty to be eaten. Whatever changes in your life this year I hope you'll keep on blogging. Have lots of fun!

Clio said...

Happy happy birthday!!

Clio said...

No fear on the blog front! I still love my digital life and friends!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday!!!


Have fun and enjoy the cupcakes!

Clio said...

Happy birthday! And oh those cupcakes look yummy!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday! What sweet little cakes! Bring on the changes!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday! Yes, there is a lot to be excited about when things change. Good luck with "the great perhaps"!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday, Clio. Let's hear it for change!

Clio said...

Happiest of birthdays, Clio! I like the autonomy being of a certain age affords me, too, and would SO eat a box of cupcakes for lunch. Those are so darn tootin' pretty!

Clio said...

Thanks everyone! My birthday month is off to an excellent start!

Clio said...

here is withing you a wonderful day, a wonderful month, and a wonderful year! xoxo

Clio said...

;-)

Clio said...

Happy Birthday!!

Clio said...

Happy Birthday :o)

Clio said...

I know I'm late, but since you are celebrating all month...Happy birthday!