Thursday, May 21, 2009

Back to school: More on Pants

Today I am taking a class at my local sewing shop on what else but.... PANTS!

Sewing & Pattern Fit Workshops with Connie Crawford

Fashion Forecast and Sew Like a Pro
10am – 12 noon
Connie Crawford, one of the industries top designer and sewing alteration experts, will present her Fall 2009/Spring 2010 forecast for fabrics, colors and styles and then provide valuable industry sewing techniques and shortcuts to make your sewing more professional, efficient and satisfying. Topics include efficient cutting, notching, pin basting, bias treatments, linings and more.

Drafting Pants with Couture Fit
2 - 4pm
Learn the simple draft technique that results in correctly fitting pants. The keys to couture fit are found in understanding how various waist slopes, crotch depth and overall crotch formulas control the overall pant fit. This terrific seminar will be helpful to full-figured women with difficult-to-fit bodies.


I'm not really sure what to expect, but will report back on what I learn. I plan to bring a note pad and scribble down anything that can help me make better pants.

1 comment:

2BSewing: said...

I hope you enjoyed your classes. Please report back your findings. What did you think of her classes?