Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Sleeved and The Sleeveless

So I haven' been totally idle while traveling. I made a lot of progress on my sweater.  Here is the whole front half of it:


Not so bad for being carted around rainy Europe in a ziplock bag for 12 days.


The back, which is essentially the same as the front, is about 1/3 of the way done and coming along pretty quickly. And since there are no sleeves, this sweater is about half done at this point.

I've also started to face my fear of sleeves. My jacket lining now has 'em, and it's time to cut the jacket sleeves in leather. I'm feeling some anxiety about this. For some reason, even though my muslin process was pretty painstaking, I still feel like there is some sleeve disaster waiting to happen. Silly, I know, but I don't wear a whole lot of sleeves and therefore don't sew them often. Anyway, it's time to take a deep breath and cut.




Anyway, I'm trying to catch up on all your blogs. It seems like everyone has been busy and productive! Happy sewing!

5 comments:

Sheila said...

You are working your needles, loving how the sweater is coming along.

If you think negatively... You sew negatively. You are doing a great job and confident your jacket will be a success.

Karin said...

I'm impressed with your knitting. The front looks so fancy!
Cutting into the leather is nerve racking. I can totally understand that. Everything you've done so far looks fantastic. Go for it!

T. Sedai said...

Good luck with the leather sleeves! Your lining looks fabulous, and I am sure the whole thing will turn out great!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

After a terrible experience with a Burda jacket i fear jacket sleeves too. But with your muslin, you are totally set! Cut those sleeves!

Clio said...

LOL - They're cut. Now I'm just panicking about sewing them.