Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Showers of Love: Dr Kiang Edition

So, as promised, here are a few photo's from Sunday's Bridal Shower for Dr Kiang. I am sure that Magenta and Dr K will post more soon.

Me, Dr K and Magenta

In all seriousness, so many of my favorite people were at this shower - Dr K and Magenta, the Muses, and Mar-Mar... it was such a relaxed and fun day. And Magenta was a magnificent hostess. Everything really fell into place - the decorations were beautiful, the menu was delicious, all of the craft projects were so thoughtful and fun... Magenta, you can no longer claim that you don't throw parties, don't cook, etc. You did and do!


Look at this gorgeous table!

Now on to the crafting; I had 2 assignments for this shower. The first was making jewelry bags for the favors, which were necklaces that Magenta made. You can see the necklaces hanging from the branch that is serving as a centerpiece on the table in the picture above. Everyone got to pick their favorite necklace and take it home in a jewelry bag. Here is mine:

So, as I was finishing up the diaper bag, I was simultaneously working on 20 small jewelry bags. Recognize the fabrics? Black and red satin from my stash? I didn't use a pattern. The final bag is about 2.5 x 3.5, cinched closed with a silk cord. Each bag was easy and quick to make, but the whole project took a while because I was making 20 bags. It was... um... tedious. 'Nuf said.

I will post about my other project - cupcakes! - tomorrow.

5 comments:

Mar-Mar said...

I meant to ask you if you made the shirt you wore to the shower - I really liked it!

Mar-Mar

Clio said...

Thanks Mar! No, I didn't make the top (it's Tahari), but thanks for thinking I did!

Magenta said...

Ummm... I will concede on the 'entertaining' front. I do enjoy having people over to my home. But I will argue that I didn't actually 'cook' anything - I think everything I did fell into the category of 'light assembly'. :-) Thanks for the props Clio!

Clio said...

No, No, you can't get out of it that easily. I admit that you may not have applied heat to very many dishes, but I was really impressed with how flavorful everything was - not because of assembly, but because of kitchen skills.... yours...

N'il said...

I agree with Clio. You do not get off easily. You were a great hostess, cook (and cooking by marinading is still cooking), blah blah. Get over yourself!