I had a little mishap with the fabric that I bought for Polyhymnia's sarong pants. (Nutshell: I have never in my life been so glad I pre-washed the fabric, because oh boy did it shrink!) So, yesterday afternoon I found myself at Mood, just a few blocks from my office. They really have a spectacular collection of fabric, and I hope Polyhymnia likes what I picked out for her.
I was initially thinking of going with something in the blue/turquoise family, but I thought this was really fun and the material had a nice give to it without being too stretchy. It should hold its shape, but I think it will conform nicely to my sister's lovely curves rather than being baggy or loose and frumpy.
Since the pants were temporarily put on the back burner because of the fabric issues, I forged ahead with kimono top that I am making to go with it. I think it is the best thing I have made to date. It is hard to see from this picture, but it is a white eyelet fabric and the top has gathers at the bust and across the back. It will have ties in the front as soon as I attach them and finish the seams.
I really really hope it all fits well. Obviously, I can alter anything that doesn't work, but I am really just hoping that the pattern is well proportioned and a nice fit.
Post a Comment