Monday, April 3, 2017

Mini Wardrobe Pieces 1 and 2 (Trousers and Jacket)

I promised more details about my wardrobe pieces. So, here you go.



The project really started from these trousers and jacket.  Both of which had been on my to sew list for about a year.

For the trousers, I used BurdaStyle 9/2010 #115, which is a tall pattern. You've already seen my gold wool trousers from this pattern, which was the second version I sewed. So, I won't bore you with a rehash of the fitting changes.







I added a lining to these trousers made from a poly-silk that has been in my stash for a long time.





I had made a top out of it years ago from New Look #6915 which is long since OOP. The top is still in my wardrobe - it has held up beautifully. So, I feel as though it's now a bonus piece in this mini-wardrobe.


Bonus top!

For the jacket, I used OOP Butterick B5567. This is view B.




The finished jacket calls for a button on the collar band, but I decided to leave it off. I would never actually button it, and sewing a buttonhole on this faux leather, which is pretty stretchy, would not be particularly advisable.




This is a straight size 8 with zero changes to the fit. I'm really rather pleased with it.  It's perfect for those days when I want a light layer over, say, a sleeveless top or want to wear a jacket for work, but not a suit.




Anyway, this outfit has been in heavy rotation in my wardrobe since I finished the trousers. It's a basic with a bit of personality, which suits me just fine.  




I'm not sure I've been bitten my the mini-wardrobe bug or SWAP fever, but I'm really enjoying having outfits rather than just separates in my wardrobe these days. So, perhaps there will be more. 

No comments: