Wednesday, May 21, 2014

NYLon 2014 - Quicky Wrap Up

So, I said goodbye to London, and Phin has joined me for a few days in Paris and Amsterdam.  But here are three reasons why sewing meetups - and NYLon 2014 in particular - are awesome.

1 - Because sewing friends - even those you just met for the first time in person - are the most generous people...



This is two metres of hot pink and orange mesh that Carmencita B brought me from France. I had  commented how awesome it was when she posted it on FB a few weeks ago.

2 - Because sewing friends get what makes you tick...
 


Jen of Workroom Social, one of my weekend flatmates, made me a name tag for the NYLon meetup that was totally my style and could not have gone with my outfit better!

3 - Because sewing friends challenge you to challenge yourself...


After 2 years of subtle lobbying, Devra has somehow gotten me thinking that I may sew a tweedy sort of jacket lined in Liberty tana, and Rachel is providing me with a pattern. I would not go as far as saying I will be sewing a French couture jacket any time soon, but, well, I am coming home with a few metres of this Liberty large scale peacock print.

A few others have done round ups with photos (Did You Make That? and The Overflowing Stash) and Twitter and Instagram (search for #NYLon2014) abound with NYLon 2014 awesomeness, so I'll simply say: how could a 70+ person meetup be anything other than epic? And with weekend flatmates like Devviepuu, Jennifer, Vicki and Rachel, how could it not have been one amazing weekend-long pajama party?

I can't wait until next time...Now, off in search of a croissant!

7 comments:

Clio said...

Miss you already. What a wonderful weekend we had

Clio said...

Looks like you ladies had so much fun, which was just bound to happen! London meet-ups are always so epic. Hoping to join in on one in the future!

Clio said...

Ooooh, pretty!

Clio said...

Just slightly jealous about the croissant.

Clio said...

wow, i had no idea i was being "subtle." :-)

Clio said...

It was a real pleasure to meet all of you and I hope we'll see each other soon. I loved #NYlon2014.

Clio said...

I'm so glad you liked your name badge. I can't tell you how stressed I was over it! Had the best trip with you gals. Can't wait to hang out again soon!