Friday, September 7, 2012

V for Victory! And Back to School Week!

So, I've been back from my wonderful vacation on the Carnival Victory for several days now and am firmly in denial. In my mind I'm still on a different latitude. My office is a far cry from the coral reef I was exploring on Saturday morning. BIG sigh.

There's not much to report from the Craft Lounge on the sewing front since I last posted. I worked on but didn't have a chance to finish my jean-ius pants, which are currently outsmarting me.This is no fault of the brilliant Kenneth King. The problem is the darts on the back, which were not part of his class. They just won't lie flat. I think I've messed with the laws of dart lenght v. dart width and it's literally biting me in the a$$. I plan to spend this weekend (hopefully) sorting it out and finishing these pants.

However, with a 4 hour flight to and from San Juan, plus some commuting knitting, I do have half a sock to show you - "Victory Socks" from Toe Up Socks for Every Body.


I know this is confusing since I dubbed my very first pair of knit socks "Victory Socks" as a reward to myself for completing a half marathon. And these new victory socks are also made of cashmere.But the pattern is completely different. So, we'll have to refer to these as "Creamsicle Victory Socks."



Anyway, I'm working with a new toe and heel on these as well as a pretty complicated lace pattern, but it's coming out beautifully I think.

I don't know about you, but now that Labor Day is in the past and the days are starting to shorten, I'm in that back to school mindset. I've got more sewing and knitting projects swirling in my head than I can count. Maybe this is also a sign that my physical therapy is working. Whatever that case may be, I'm feeling motivated and, since the weather will be getting cooler soon, I will need a jacket, preferably a leather one. So, look for that in the weeks ahead. Additionally, it looks like a new niece or nephew is on the way on Phin's side. Since I made my SIL a diaper bag for the first baby, I think a knit gift is the way to go.

Have a great weekend and stay tuned!

6 comments:

T. Sedai said...

I love your knit socks - looks great so far! Also, I am glad you are feeling better, and that it is helping with your sewing mojo! I have also noticed a sudden increase in my desire to work on sewing projects, though that might have something to do with the fact that I am sewing for me and not other people. But I agree that for some reason the shift into fall makes me excited to work on a lot of sewing projects that I didn't want to bother with when summer showed up. Anyway, I hope you can get your pants figured out but I am really excited to see the outcome of your leather jacket.

Meg the Grand said...

Love the color and the lovely pattern appearing on your new socks!

Kimbersew said...

It's nice to have you back (with sewing mojo no less!) I've been loving your blogroll in the meanwhile. -Looking forward to any jacket progress!

Clio said...

Right? There's something about back to school time! Thanks!

Clio said...

Thanks! You can bet that's who I'm reading too!

Clio said...

Thanks Meg!