Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fancy Footwork: 13.1 Miles and a Sock

That's right, ladies and gentlemen! On Sunday night, I ran 13.1 miles, completing my first half marathon. Difficult? YES. I didn't set any land speed records, but with a field of 44,000 runners I was definitely not the slowest either.

Knitting at 30,000 feet!
Yesterday, on the flight home, I finished my first "victory sock". I'm telling myself that a pair of $50 hand knit cashmere socks is a reasonable and good reward to myself for the run.

One sock.

Now I just have to knit it's mate.

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Congrats on your marathon and you have really taken off with knitting... great job.

Karin said...

Wow! Congratulations! On both the half marathon and the sock! I'm not sure which is more impressive. One challenge to reward completing another! Go Clio;-)

Mar-Mar said...

Congratulations!!! i am so glad you had a great run!!! and some good knitting happened too!

xoxo
Mar-Mar

Cennetta said...

Wow. I want to learn to do that.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Congratulations! That is an awesome run. Love the sock, too.