Sunday, November 7, 2010

If it's Sunday, this must be London....

There comes a point every spring and fall when, despite my belief that this time will be different, work related travel overruns my life. Well, that time has once again arrived.

I just arrived in London this morning after only 48 hours at home following a trip to Montreal last week. I'll be here in London all week for work, followed by a weekend in Paris for fun (ooh la la!). Then, after 3 more days at home, I will head to Washington, DC (again, work). Thankfully, I get a break for Thanksgiving, but then will be off to Chicago (work) in early December.  

Don't get me wrong; I love to travel. And I go to some great places. It's just that, in the past, I had time during my trips to sneak off for an hour or two to see a museum or take in one of the sights, or blog about my travels in the evenings. But lately, my business trips are becoming increasingly packed full. In Montreal, I was basically on the go for 15 hours a day, which is why you heard nothing from me.And since this is pretty much my one free evening in London, now that I have taken a nap and am feeling somewhat human, I am going to head out to have a pint, a bite to eat and a stroll around this town.

Anyway, the list of things I want to post about is growing daily, but am just not sure when I will get to them. SO, I hope you will hang in there with me and check back. I've got sewing, cooking and other things to talk about.

Wishing you happy trails, too or happy adventures at home!

1 comment:

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Work travel is very glamorous if you do it about once a quarter. More than that intrudes on your real life. Let me know if you're going to have a spare moment in DC.