Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Peach and Apple Picking

The best part of Labor Day weekend was apple and peach picking with my niece and nephews.

My "favorite big sister", Calliope, with her boys, Orpheus and Linus.

R to L: Calliope, Linus, Mr Grant and Orpheus

Miss J takes a break to sample the fruit

Linus really enjoyed the tunnel in the hay maze

Really, really

Really a lot!

Orpheus crawled thru the farmhouse maze

After all the picking and playing was done, I made a Peach Coffee Cake from a recipe from my new cookbook, King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking. I've been wanting this book for a while; ever since MarMar recommended it to me. You wouldn't know this moist and tender cake was made with whole wheat flour - definitely a keeper! Mmmmmm!

Peach coffee cake

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

echo, echo....echo, echo

Clio said...

Yup, great fun was had making echoes in the tunnel.