Thursday, October 16, 2008

Stash report

My sewing stash has virtually doubled overnight!

I'm not usually an impulse buyer. However, during my daily lunchtime walk on Friday, I passed a fabric store that had a going out of business sign in the window, and before I knew it I was returning to my office with 16 yards of assorted fabrics. I only stopped buying when it occurred to me that I would have to carry it all back to my office and then home.

In addition, on Saturday morning when the mail came, a few basics that I had ordered on line arrived too. So, I am rolling in fabric now. What a happy situation!

Here's my loot:

Cotton for Phineas' future shirts. You can't really tell
but one is striped and the other has checks.


Camouflage denim, black twill and khaki

Fuscia ombre satin, camo with a flower print,
and the backdrop is black jersey


I have some general ideas of what some of these fabrics will be used for, but it may change. I have no idea what the ombre will become, and I am pretty excited to have it in my stash. I wish there were more hours in the day for sewing!

2 comments:

2BSewing: said...

LOL!!!!!! I enjoyed this post..."I only stopped buying when it occurred to me that I would have to carry it all back to my office". Sounds like you made it home fine with the stash. I'm proud of you.

Clio said...

HA HA HA - I'm usually such a goal-oriented shopper. I was like a kid in a candy store.