Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Altered: Sometimes the simple idea is the most elusive.

Why did it take me a year to figure out that I could just take this tee shirt in a bit to make it fit better, rather than letting it languish in my drawer? DOH! Anyway, it fits much better now that it isn't too big.


Also, this was my first mini-project on a knit fabric, rather than woven. I used a small zig zag stitch rather than a stretch stitch - 2b had recommended this and it worked beautifully. So, now I am feeling a little less fearful of the black jersey I recently purchased.

Naturally, now I am planning to go thru all my tee shirts to see which ones could fit better. Oy vay, another can of worms has been opened.

1 comment:

2BSewing: said...

Nice alteration. Glad to hear the narrow zig zag stitch worked for you. I have some RTW knit tops that need to be shortened...it's just sitting in a pile waiting for me to get my rear in gear. After I trim the bottom and fold the hem up, I will either do a single narrow zig zag or use my twin needle stitch.

BTW...add that to your SM list...twin needle capability. ;)
Email me if you're not sure what this is...Susan