During the week, I picked up a few twin needles and finished my cowl neck top. I feel relieved that it is done.
Since I scrapped the sleeves, I made it pretty close fitting, which is not what the pattern intended. But I just couldn't stand how frumpy it was. I think it looks rather nice this way, even if it is not quite as planned and took much more time and effort than intended.
I'm feeling rather torn about the pattern. At the outset, I intended to make all three styles of the 3 Graces top. But, given all the problems with the cowl neck version, I'm just not sure now. The other two styles are supposed to be closer fitting, but I am still feeling too scarred to tackle this pattern again. I may just table it for a while.
I am, however, enjoying working on multiple projects at the same time. When I get tired or reach an impasse with one project (like not having a twin needle), I just move on to the other. So, while I finish my skirt this weekend, I will also begin work on Phineas' PJs and my sheath dress.
Have a great weekend!