Monday, January 28, 2008

Hugger Mugger

I recently bought a new yoga mat. This would be my 4th yoga mat in about 1 year. Apparently I am the princess and the pea. But I have finally found the mat for me - an incredibly thick, very grippy Hugger Mugger mat that has quickly become my knees' best friend.

The one and only flaw with the mat is that, because of its 1/4 inch of glorious knee protecting thickness, it rolls up larger than the standard mat and so doesn't fit into a yoga mat bag. But because of my new status as a Domestic Godesss (heh heh heh), this was no problem.

I used a home decor weight fabric that MS gave me a few months ago to create this custom-sized yoga mat bag from a pattern by Lotta Jansdotter.


I tested the bag out on Friday and it was great! This is the first project that combines two of my obsessions - yoga and sewing.

No comments: