Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hump Day Hookie!

There is something really decadent about taking a day off in the middle of the week. Today, Erato and I are fabric shopping, museum-ing, and pretending that we are "ladies who lunch", like we did one day in the fall. So, if you happen to be rambling around NY's garment district, we will be the loud chatty ones with large shopping bags (we hope) looking like we are playing hookie.

Thanks to a work event on Friday, plans with friends on Saturday and Father's day family commitments on Sunday, I had little time to sew. All that I accomplished was finishing alterations on 2 additional pairs of pants (4 down, 2 to go - woo hoo!) and one cami.

Refurbished and ready to be back in rotation

This weekend, I will be less busy and am planning to transfer the last bit of changes from my pants muslin back to the pattern and then get to work on pants. Here's the fabric I've picked for my first pair.


It's black with a black pinstripe (purchased at MetroTextiles), which may be counter-intuitive for summer. BUT it is cotton and feels lovely. I prefer natural fabrics in the summer. And since my pants comfort zone happens to be black, that is what I am going with for this pair. Next up will be non-black pants, I swear.

More on my sewing outing tomorrow or Friday! Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

MS said...

Have fun! Jealous! xoxo I still haven;t fixed my 2 shirts that you gave me such great directions for...

Mar-Mar said...

Love your the new look of your blog! Love the cami!
Miss you terribly!

xoxo
Mar-Mar

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Oooh, a day of hookie is such a good plan. Hope you had fun!