Monday, June 28, 2010

And Here's the Haul

I bought three gorgeous pieces of silk during my hookie day on Wednesday. I really love natural fibers and silk is probably my favorite fabric (period). It's warm in the winter, breathes in the summer and feels lovely on. What could be better than silk?

Left: turquoise silk chiffon from Mood; Center: silver/grey silk from Mood (the color photographed poorly); Right: blue and white silk chiffon from Elliott Berman

At least one of these is destined to become New Look 6915, which I bought about a week ago. I think this will make a great top for work.


Depending on how the New Look pattern sews up, I will either make multiple copies OR the remaining silk will eventually become lingerie, once I get that project underway.

5 comments:

30 before 30 said...

The middle one photographed really weird!

lakaribane said...

I love them though middle one remains a mystery, colorwise.

Clio said...

Yes, the middle one just wouldn't photograph right. It is a silver/grey with black pattern. It really is my favorite out of the bunch.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Oooh, lovely haul. There is something very luxurious about sewing with silk. And slippery, but I always forget that part.

Clio said...

Yes! I feel more glamorous just contemplating sewing with silk!