Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Craft Lounge/Guest Room

hi·a·tus
Pronunciation: \hī-ˈā-təs\
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, from hiare to yawn — more at yawn
Date: 1563

1 a : interruption in time or continuity : break; especially : a period when something (as a program or activity) is suspended or interrupted

*********************************

For the next two weeks, the Craft Lounge will be serving it's original function - guest room - while Phineas' brother and SIL visit with the youngest member of the family, their 6-month old daughter. I packed up my Sewing Machine to make room for them and the baby.

Needless to say, I am feeling a bit on edge at not being able to get any sewing done. Don't get me wrong, I will be doing a lot of pattern prep, cutting and other sewing-related tasks. My intent is to hit the ground running, with lots of projects ready to go, once I can get back into the Lounge. But it will be a very very quiet two weeks without the hum of my sewing machine.

On the up side, I will be able to focus on my other interests. I haven't been spending much time on new projects in the kitchen lately. But with company in the house, there will be ample opportunity to flex my cooking skills. Plus, there will be extra people to help eat up all the things that I want to make.

No comments: