Monday, April 5, 2010

Repurposing #3 or If I Ever Have to Set in an Infant Size Satin Sleeve Again it will be Too Soon!

You may have noticed that I have not posted since Tuesday. That's because I was trying to set in the sleeve of the bodice for the Christening ensemble for my nephew, Little C.


Alright, that might be a bit of hyperbole on my part, but it did literally take me all of Saturday morning to successfully get the sleeves in.

Anyway, the Christening is rapidly approaching - April 17!!! And there is still a lot to be done. My sister, Poly, is working on the jacked and gown/skirt. I'm working on the bodice, romper bottoms, booties and bonnet. Wish us luck getting it all done. The bodice is definitely the most challenging of the pieces that I was assigned.

Here is a preview of the booties - this is the front. Won't they be sweet when they are done?


Let's hope!

3 comments:

30 before 30 said...

How cute!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Amy said...

I just set in the sleeves for a size 4 Oliver + S rain jacket made with laminated cotton (so slick! no give whatsoever!). I hand basted it and then sewed it by machine, but I swear the next time I do set-in sleeves in something this small, I might just have to sew it in completely by hand. So painful! So tiny! Good job -- yours looks great!

Clio said...

Bravo, Amy! Yes, if it had been just a tiny bit smaller, I definitely would have had to sew it entirely by hand.