Sunday, April 25, 2010

Liberty London

So, I made it to London. Huzzah! My flight was slightly delayed, but there was not a volcanic ash cloud in sight. It was smooth flying.


Yesterday, I ended up spending much of the afternoon with a friend/colleague rather than spending the day on my own. So, I didn't get to fabric shop as I had planned. However, I did hit Liberty of London.

Liberty is rather impressive. And expensive.

Liberty is full of designer duds, accessories and lingerie co-mingled with fabric and yarn, and all laid out in a beautiful building right off of Carnaby Street.


Liberty's fabric area is rather smaller than I expected, but it had a selection of their cottons, fabrics by Amy Butler, buttons and trims, and - as I mentioned - an array of colorful yarns for those who like to knit.


Their fabrics are mostly floral prints (meh - I'm rather indifferent to 'em). However, I did like the above peacock feather print. But at GBP19.95/meter (that is about $30/yard) it was a bit rich for my taste. So, sadly, I left empty handed.

However, later this week I plan to hit a few other places including The Cloth House and McCulloch & Wallis. I will report back to you then.

3 comments:

Kyra said...

If you have time , try Shaukat for Liberty prints at a far better price.

Clio said...

Thanks Kyra! Great tip. I'll see if I can get there.

Gretchen the Household Deity said...

Oooh, have fun! I haven't been to London in so long and am trying to figure out when I can plan a trip.