Monday, May 19, 2008

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme

oregano, thyme, cilantro and mint

I am proud to report that my baby herb and tomato plants seem to have survived their first week of being owned by me. I've never had much luck with herbs, mostly because I've never had a sunny place for them to live.

parsley and basil

But here we are. A whole week and not one has wilted, browned or hurled itself to an unfortunate death in a blaze of smashed pottery. In fact, there are even signs that they are growing. Thriving. But I shouldn't get ahead of myself. There is a long way to go (65 days or so) until the tomato plants are mature and start to make, well, tomatoes. And there is no telling about the herbs. I view their existence as day-to-day.

Tomatoes to be

Fingers are crossed for week two...

No comments: