Sunday, July 17, 2011

Vogue 1042 Seersucker Garden Party Dress: Final Reveal!





Well, here I am heading off to my good friend Magenta's shower. It was a champagne tasting in the Maid of Honor's back yard - a fun summer garden party. It was a fantastic day.

There are only a few things that I would do differently next time. Cidell's comment about using a bra pattern to help adjust the bodice was a great suggestion, and one I will surely use with any future bustier style tops. This dress was not difficult to sew, but it was challenging to fit. That said, I'm pretty pleased with the final outcome. Thanks to all of you who made suggestions and comments along the way. Really, this dress became much more of a project than I anticipated, and it would not have come together without all your help and comments. 

Pattern Review here!

14 comments:

Shannon said...

Very pretty dress - I love seersucker!

Debi said...

Lovely dress! Perfect for summer!

Meg said...

Really cute. Well done!

Karin said...

So lovely! You got a beautiful fit. It's just so pretty, and you look pretty in it too!u

lakaribane said...

I love it! I want one...and I actually have that pattern, yay!

And I'm soo copying you! My seersucker is a purple stripe (favorite color) so I need to muslin the bodice just like you did. Your adventure is favorited on my browser already. Great job! Love the shoes, too.

(I've used too many exclamation points already but I would gladly add a few more, LOL)

Sheila said...

You look fantastic and saying this is what a summer dress is all about.... great job.

gwensews said...

That's very pretty. Seersucker is such a cool, crisp fabric for summer.

The Slapdash Sewist said...

So cute!!! This came out perfect for a summer champagne party. You look fantastic in it.

Mar-Mar said...

Clio, That dress is so pretty and you look fabulous in it! Your hard work paid off! I am loving it!

Mar-Mar

Tanit-Isis said...

This looks gorgeous, so light and summery! I am always intimidated by bodices like this because of the fit, but it sure does look great when it fits well :) Good job!

Andrea said...

Your dress turned out beautiful and I love the shoes.

ELMO said...

Ack!! I didn't realize you had finished the dress, it is very cute, nice job.

Kimbersew said...

lovely, lovely!!

Clio said...

Thank you so much everyone! I just love it!