I didn't make progress on my tank top, but that is a'ok. However, I did cut and sew my BWOF halter top. I think the results are cute, no?
I decided to use the remnants from my maxi dress rather than the black jersey in my stash. There was just about enough of it for the top. It was really easy to sew and only took a few hours from start to finish. Although, I have to agree with those that complain about Burda's directions - to say that they are minimalist is an understatement in the extreme.
I don't really view the tank top as a "summer" shirt, since I tend to dress in layers. So this is pretty much my last summer project. Later this week, I'll be planning my fall projects and blogging about baby crafting and my on-line fabric binge.
Oh and one final birthday hurrah for Phineas. He is not much of a cake eater, but was recently reminiscing about baseball helmet sundaes. So, in lieu of cake we had helmet sundaes to celebrate. Here are the remnants... with a birthday message.