So, I have decided on one easy project to do for my upcoming tropical trip.
Long, long ago - ok, it was 2 years ago - when I was a very new and inexperienced sewista, I made a beach ensemble, including sarong pants, for my sister Polyhymnia. I had a bit of trouble with the fabric that I initially bought for the pants. It shrunk when I pre-washed it. A lot. Therefore, when I cut the pants, there wasn't enough for the long version that my sister wanted. I ended up buying new fabric for her and cutting the original fabric down to a capri length for myself. And that is the last I thought of this project.
SO, because I have a tropical vacation on the near horizon, I've unearthed the cut pieces and pattern from the depths of my stash and am going to sew it up for myself. So, not only will I have one more beach cover-up for my trip, but I will have one less UFO (UnFinished Object).
I reread the instructions, and these pants are seriously a breeze. It's funny how, looking back, the pants were a challenge at the time, but now they seem like an "easy as 1-2-3" kind of project that I should finish in an afternoon. It makes me realize how far I've come in my sewing skills.
Speaking of pants, my totally awesome pants are coming out perfectly! I worked on them on Saturday and I'm positively giddy with them. I just have no photos yet. Anyway, more on this to come.