Monday, July 20, 2009

Tee shirt remake #1

A few weeks ago, Polyhymnia - who is due in October - decided to get rid of some of her pre-pregnancy clothing. I was the major beneficiary of her wardrobe purge. Among other things, I inherited a number of tee shirts, some with the tags still on!

So, I decided to put them to good use. Here is my first tee shirt refashioning project. I used instructions from CraftStylish.

Sorry, I forgot to take a "before" picture, but I think you get the idea from this picture: this was once a normal tee shirt with a paisley design on it. I cut it down to make a top "shrug" portion and 4 strips.

Three strips were used to make a long ruffle to go around the edge of the shrug. The remaining strip was halved and used to trim the sleeves. I left all the edges raw.

And voila! Here is a tee-shirt shrug! This project took very little time and the results are very very cute!

2 comments:

2BSewing: said...

That's one beautiful shrug you have. Nice job! And very chic!

N'il said...

Very cool!