Friday, February 8, 2008

On Broccoli

After I posted about the amazing meal Phineas made last week with a little bit of help from me, I asked him to pen a guest post on his broccoli.

Before you ask, yes, it is so good that it deserves a post of its own. Somehow he manages to get the garlic brown and nutty, but not burnt, and the broccoli perfectly cooked and flavorful and also browned in a few places. I cannot replicate the results no matter how hard I try. Even when he coached me thru it, I didn't get it quite right and the house didn't smell nearly as good.

Anyway, my request - that he write up how he achieves his recipe - has lead to major writers block coupled with a broccoli cooking binge. He made his amazing broccoli on Friday:


Again on Monday:


And last night, too. (Sorry no photo from last night. I just couldn't photograph any more crunchy greens.)

But alas, no post.

No comments: