Monday, March 17, 2014

NY-LON Meet Up: Hey London, Let's Be Friends!

Why isn't nylon a better fabric? Really, if it was, I'd have to coolest name for this post. Instead, it's synthetic. Oh well.

I just got back from a very busy business trip to London and have that place on the brain. So, it seems like a good day for this...

A few months ago, a few of my fellow NY area sewists and I were fantasizing about what the ultimate sewing/sewing blogger meet up would look like. New York and London figured prominently on the guest list. From there it wasn't much of a leap to propose a NY-LON meet up in London. Call it the American invasion.


Dragon Hippo and a new friend are already preparing.

Soooo... we're coming.. the weekend of May 16/17/18!

Right now the NY group is yours truly, Devviepuu of Puu's Door of Time, Jennifer of Workroom Social, and (possibly, if work allows) Oonaballoona. The always amazing Rachel Pinheiro has graciously offered to be our London-based hostess with the most-est!  So, mark your calendar and buy a plane ticket. This shindig is open to all. (Seriously, shoot us an email if you are interested - we are open to all geographies!)


The Great Fire of London: Fascinating to the fire-breathing set

We all really hope you will join!


PS - Dragon Hippo will be introducing his new little friend as soon as he can calm down enough to write a post and I can get over my jet lag.

17 comments:

Clio said...

Cannot wait woohoo. I will write a blog post, get a button and shout out for out great meet up

Clio said...

Yay! Awesome Rachel!

Clio said...

i cannot wait to meet dragon's new friend!!

Clio said...

OMG! I am so coming!

Clio said...

Oh dear! Please take me with you!!!

Clio said...

Have a fabulous time!

Clio said...

Carmencita, send us an email so we can loop you in!

(clio[dot]phineas[at]gmail[dot]com

Clio said...

welcome back, traveling lady. i may be toasting you from ny.....

Clio said...

What an amazing trip! Can't wait to hear more about it!! I do love the UK!

Clio said...

Will you take Australian members - love NY love London.

Clio said...

Yay! I'm a London based girl so I will see you ladies there! This is sooo exciting. If anyone needs any tips or help etc. Feel free to email me. beebeesvintagedress@hotmail.co.uk

Clio said...

That sounds fantastic, but it's right after Pattern Review weekend in Austin. I just can't justify 2 big sewing trips in one month.

Clio said...

Uh, I just checked flights and there's a deal from Montreal…….I'm tempted. I have to check with my family re: childcare, but I am already planning the trip in my head *shriek*. I haven't spent much time in London since 1992, so I'm way overdue for a visit. Keep me in the loop! (vicki_muise@yahoo.ca)

Clio said...

Count me in too!

Clio said...

I'm sad that I'm so lacking in funds. This sounds like the best time ever!

Clio said...

Yay! Can't wait to meet you!

Clio said...

Next time (cause there will be a next time!)