Friday, February 15, 2013

Layer Cake Winner and Final Grateful Thoughts



Before we get to the winner, I wanted to take a moment to say how touched I am by the many thoughtful comments on my Sew Grateful post. Thank you, odd ducks of the sewing blogosphere! It's nice to be flapping in V formation with you!

An unexpected side effect of that post, is this revelation: Sewists really like their sweets! I mean really, really! And not just chocolate and vanilla! Lemon, orange, poppy, caramel, red velvet, carrot, spice, zucchini, ice cream and cheesecakes that are drizzled, sprinkled, whip creamed, bedecked in buttercream and slathered in ganache were all mentioned. Plus, some of you went off the reservation to say you like fruit pies, mud pies, tarts, brownies, tiramisu and even a few un-frosted cakes. Variety is the spice of life! I myself am a brownie fiend.

Anyway, the winner of the giveaway...

We do things analog here, folks!

...who likes the seasonally appropriate red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting best...



... is Emma Morton!  Look for my email, Emma, and let me know where to send your slice of layer cake! 

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!

No comments: