Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Color Block Dress Reveal!

Ta-da! Version #2 of the Burda Cover Dress! This time color blocked.


The only fitting change from the first version is that I made the front collar slightly narrower. Oh! And also, I figured out how the sleeves were supposed to be attached. Or at least I figured out a better way of attaching them. Whether it was how Burda intended, I have no idea. Either way, this version is much less messy on the inside.



For some reason, Phin thinks the way the color blocking looks on the back is very cool. The bright colors and color blocking trends seem to be going strong, so I'm probably going to wear this dress a whole lot this spring. In fact, I'm wearing it today for a post-V-day dinner out with Phin.

Oh, and by the way, this double knit feels really nice to wear! And it sewed up beautifully. Thanks to Faye for singing it's praises!

22 comments:

Debi said...

LOVE this! I've been dying to make up this pattern and I really love how you've done it!!! YAY!

Dibs said...

It is truly beautiful. I love the colours you used for the blocking. Very inspiring.

poppykettle said...

Great colours and I too am a big fan of how it looks on the back. So geometrical!

puu said...

great color combo! you look really great.

Karin said...

Wow! You picked great colours, and again, the fit is perfect. I agree with Phin, the back is pretty cool.

Reethi said...

Love it!

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Fabulous! And the back is really cool, very edgy-looking. Enjoy your celebration dinner!

Sheila said...

The dress looks fabulous on you and love the colors you choice... they compliment each other.

T. Sedai said...

Oooh, I love this! And I have to agree with Phin - the back looks really cool. I think the color combo and the style are perfect together - hopefully you get a lot of wear out of it because it looks great!

Faye Lewis said...

Oh CLIO! How beautiful! I love everything about it. I've had a color blocked dress planned for months but of course haven't gotten around to it as of yet. The lively green is my favorite - I know you'll enjoy wearing that little number.

K.Line said...

This is just awesome. Love it!

AllisonC said...

Just fantastic! I love the colours you chose, a bit unexpected and they really work, I love the effect at the side and back too.

Peter Lappin said...

Beautiful job and a great color combination!

MySummerTouch said...

You rock, girl!

SewOm said...

Wow - I love purple and green together. And the white and black set them off so nicely! What a great dress - and you look fab in it

Gabrielle said...

Wow, great job - this looks great on you, and the colours work really well together. I think I'm also jealous of your slim waist!

Candice said...

Love it!

Catherine Daze said...

Funky! I really like the colours you picked. Fresh and unusual. The style looks great on you. I wasn't convinced about the sleeve flaps on the original but you've converted me. I may have to make this one again.

Ann Brodsky said...

I agree with all of the other comments! Super cute dress and you did a fantastic job on the fitting and construction. Love it!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You look stunning in this dress! Love it!

Andrea said...

That dress is stunning on you. You did a fabulous job on the color blocking. LOVE it.!!!

Susan said...

I love your color blocked dress. I really want to get this pattern on burda style since my burda subscription is up.