Thursday, November 21, 2013

Finished: Make Way For Ducklings

Finally, I've finished one of my knitting projects!


Ducks in a row

 Aren't they ducky??




Naturally, this Mama Duck and Ducklings is from Itty-Bitty Toys by Susan Anderson. Slowly but surely, I'm knitting my way thru this book. So far, every toy I've made has been thoroughly cute; these are no exception.

This little flock was pretty quick to knit up. I procrastinated sewing them together, but really there was nothing hard about it. I decided that the wings should look like these birdies are flapping, which I think is cute and spunky, particularly on the ducklings. So, I held the wings up when I stitched them on.


Serious cuteness!

I used Knit Picks Swish yarns in Cornmeal and Orange. Since Orange was only used for the beaks, feet and underside of the wings, I had plenty left over to make an odd duck with the colors inverted.

Naturally, the odd duckling is my favorite.


                
I LOVE this duckling!



Anyway, I'm trying not to get attached to these cuties since they will be gifted just as soon as I finish the baby blanket that I'm knitting to go with this present. It's almost done. I'm hoping to be finished with it before Thanksgiving.


Ta-dah!

9 comments:

Clio said...

These are so adorable!! I love amigurumi!

Clio said...

OMG, those are too cute. Well done!

Clio said...

So cute! The orange one is my favorite too!

Clio said...

I love these! They're so cute!

Clio said...

Oh LORD those are cute. I want them!!!

Clio said...

Adorable!!!

Clio said...

So cute!

Clio said...

OMG so stinking cute.

Clio said...

;-)