Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday: Extra Monday-ish Edition

Today feels more like a Monday than usual Mondays. I don't know what happened this weekend to put me in this mood. Things started out optimistically enough. Sure, I felt a mild sore throat coming on, but I wasn't going to let it stop me from all the things I wanted to get done.

On Saturday morning, I cut and basted together my Donna Karan single seam skirt. Later, I ripped apart my Donna Karan single seam skirt and contemplated mailing the cut fabric to a friend on whom it might not be so horribly unflattering. Then I remembered that she doesn't really sew.


So, I set my sewing aside and tried to run 12 miles, before my burgeoning cold worsened (at this point it was a sore throat and a sniffle). I only made it 9 miles and was wiped out for the rest of the day. My sore throat worsened into a cough.

I proceeded to sleep for 11 hours and then flipped thru Burda Magazine for 2 more hours. I threatened to go for another planned run. My threats were in vain; I napped instead. Then I baked 4 loaves of pumpkin bread (no disasters there, thankfully), although I can't really taste anything at the moment, so you never know. I also knit a few more rows of Phineas' scarf, which is almost done. The hat is finished. Naturally, I neglected to photograph anything that I did all weekend long.

And then I couldn't sleep last night since I had slept so much during the day. And now Phin is sick, too. So, the long and short of this post is that I am mopey and whiny and I'm going to go crawl into my cave and sleep some more. I'll be back when I am fit for less whiny conversation. 

9 comments:

Eugenia said...

Oh I do hope that you feel better very soon. It's so miserable when you feel rotten and things frustrate you! The pumpkin bread sounds delicious!

Sheila said...

Feel better soon and admire the will to run, despite feeling under the weather.

Faye Lewis said...

Have some nice hot lemon tea. Can't wait to see your skirt.

Karin said...

Poor you! I am impressed that you ran 9 miles. With a cold! You deserve some rest. Feel better soon:-)

Candice said...

Feel better soon:)Can't wait to see you skirt!

Kimbersew said...

Here's hoping you feel better soon! (-that said, sometimes being miss grouchy pouty whiney-pants helps.)

Mar-Mar said...

Feel better soon Clio! Love your skirt, btw. Very fashion forward.

Mmm...pumpkin bread...

xoxo
Mar-Mar

The Slapdash Sewist said...

Hope you're feeling better! I have a bit of a cold too and am kind of sitting around feeling sorry for myself.

Mar-Mar said...

Clio,
I finally made the World Peace Cookies! Wow! I'm having a chocolate high now!

I hope you are feeling better!

xoxo
Mar-Mar