On Saturday, I cut 2 tops and a pants muslin, and I started sewing the muslin on Sunday. It is for Simplicity 2700 - Amazing Fit pants. What drew me to the pattern is that they have a curvy fit version which is closer to my actual measurements than most pants patterns. I also like that they have a lower rise and slash pockets. The last pants I made myself have no pockets - definitely a drawback.
Here is the front. I haven't yet attached front to back.
I decided to use some shirting that I bought very very cheaply quite a while ago as the muslin. It cost less than $2/yd, and once I got it home I decided that it was only worth about that much. However, for muslin it is fine. Once I work out the fit, I have a few different fabrics to choose from to make the actual pants. But I have to admit that I am already liking these pants in stripes. I have some seersucker stashed away that I may have to pull out for a spring version.
Anyway, the northeast is being buried in snow today, and I am working from home again and staring at the pants in between emails and conference calls. I plan to get some sewing in after my workday ends.
Happy sewing and happy playing in the snow.