Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stretch Assignment (Part 2)

I'm mostly done with my tee shirt rehabilitation project. I just have to finish the neck.

Already cut. Oops!

Unfortunately, 2BSewing's good advice about how tees don't stretch very much came after I had already cut. So, the tee came out a bit closer fitting than anticipated. Lesson learned. However, for my purposes - beach/boat wear - it is perfectly cute.

Anyway, the project gave me a good opportunity to practice skills. First, I successfully sewed on knit - yay! - and the actual process was easy. I used a narrow zigzag stitch for the seams and then used my double needle to finish the armholes and hem. It makes two rows of perfectly parallel stitches - very cool!

Aside from sizing issues, my only complaint is with the pattern, itself. The finished length of the shirt is shorter than I generally like. Again, not a huge problem based on how I will use it, but good to know if I decide to use the pattern again. I'll show you finished picture when I am done with the neck.

1 comment:

2BSewing: said...

Ooops. We need to time these things better. :) Glad to hear you'll still be able to wear the T.