Thursday, November 20, 2008

Random Pecan Pie Obsessing (Or I'm an Adult; I Can Have Dessert for Breakfast if I Want To)

No sooner had I finished the last slice of my pecan pie than this article appeared in the NY Times with a recipe for an apple-pecan tart.

Doesn't it look good? Yeah, it does.

A week or two before Thanksgiving, Phineas and I usually cook a turkey and all the sides that we just don't seem to get enough of on Thanksgiving itself. Yesterday, Phineas came home with our bird, so this weekend seems like the perfect time to take this tart for a test drive.

My fellow baker, Mar Mar, also reported back to me on the success of her pecan pie. She posed the following philosophical question: If you had pecan pie for breakfast, would you work off the calories throughout the day? My answer is a resounding: YES! Why the heck didn't I think of that?? What a perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee!

I fear that dangerous habits are about to be formed. Perhaps I shouldn't shout them aloud on my blog. But what's done is done. And soon the pecan tart will be, too...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went to Weight Watchers on Saturday and they cared to mention that pecan pie is 13 points per slice - mmm...that is about the pointage for breakfast and lunch. So, have a slice for breakfast and a salad and a brothy soup for lunch!

Mar-Mar(who only gained 1.5 pounds and ate 1/2 a pecan pie)

Clio said...

OH NO!! This totally ruins my plans for this weekend!